How To Brew Iced TeaBrewing Iced Tea doesn't have to be difficult. The main thing to remember is not to use extra leaf or brew for longer time, but rather use less water. Basically you want to brew a concentrate that will be diluted with cold water or ice.
Below are instructions on how to make iced tea. Listed after these instructions are two video segments From You Tube describing the best type of teas to use and how to brew those teas to get a knockout brew of cold tea.
How to Make Iced Tea
half gallon/64oz./2 quarts:
- Place tea in infuser: Use 1/2 cup leaf for dense teas (ie. Ginger Peach) and 1.5 cups for light-weight teas (ie. Lavender Rose or Feel Better).
- Add 1 quart of hot water.
- Steep 5 min., then remove tea infuser.
- Add 1 quart of cold water.
- Fill cup 1/2 with ice.
- Pour tea over ice.
- Store concentrate in refrigerator.
*This recipe makes a tea concentrate.
For proper dilution, always serve over ice.
- Use std. amount of tea for serving size.
- Add 1/3 of hot water recommended for brewing.
- Allow to steep for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove tea, add remaining 1/3 cold water.
- Add ice to fill remaining space and serve.