1) How long have you worked for The Jasmine Pearl?
Sarah: Just over 3 years!
2) What do you do there? What does a typical day look like for you?
Sarah: I primarily focus on custom blends for our private label wholesale customers. I spend my days playing with tea!
3) What attracted you to the world of tea? Tell us about the moment tea became special to you?
Sarah: I grew up drinking Lipton ice tea in the summer and Celestial Seasonings for any sickness, but I would say it didn't become a big part of my life until Heather and Chuck first started the business. I was 13 or 14 when they first gave me a tiny tin of Jasmine Pearls. I still remember that first cup and the soothing scent of jasmine, it took me straight back to when I was 5 and visiting Florida. I think that's what I love most about tea, there are so many prominent and hidden flavors that it can transport you into specific times in your life.
4) What are your top 5 favorite teas at The Jasmine Pearl?
Sarah: Ooo this is hard! But i would have to say...
- My number 1 is Gaba Green
- Lapsang Souchong
- Green Jade
- Yoga Blend
- Golden Nugget
5) If you were a tea, what would you be and why?
Sarah: Gaba Green! It's a tough tea that can take a beating but still has a wonderful smooth flavor to it. It slowly releases its caffeine, so a little can go a long way, while the GABA keeps your mind calm.
6) Tell a fun fact about yourself. What are your hobbies outside of work?
Sarah: I have a pastry arts degree! I guess that's a fun fact haha. My hobbies outside of work are park play dates with my puppy and going to yoga classes.
7) Tell us about a tea mishap or your proudest moment with tea.
Sarah: I don't have just one proud moment, I'm proud of every moment that I get to spend blending with tea and herbs! Its an AMAZING feeling to see customers get really excited about a tea that they are drinking for the first time or even the 100th time.
8) What is your dream place to have a cup of tea and who would you like to share it with?
Sarah: In a beautiful garden or wooded area with the Dalai Lama. I have so many questions for him!
9) What is your favorite way to brew tea? What tea ware do you use at home?
Sarah: When I have time, I love to brew using a Gong Fu pot but usually I go with the standard tea pot or a removable infuser.